Am I a Wolf?
By Amir-Houshang Moein
Original title – Gorgam-o Galeh Mibaram
International title – Am I a Wolf ?
School children are performing a puppet version of the well-known Iranian story of the wolf and the goat kids. The nanny goat, grieving for her young, finds herself face to face with an angry, isolated wolf. As usual, the wolf is defeated, but is he really?
Written & Directed by – Amir-Houshang Moein
Based on a story by – Afsaneh Shaban-Nejad’
Animator – Amir-Houshang Moein
Compositing & Editing by – Amir-Houshang Moein
Original Music – Mohammad Jafari
Sound Designer – Hossein Ghourchian
Digital Animation – Full HD – Stereo
Produced by – Institute for the Intellectual Development of Children & Young Adults – Kanoon
Annecy International Animation Film Festival, France. June 10-15, 2019. Official Selection ‘Perspective’ section
Grand Prize Award
18th Hiroshima International Animation Festival, Japan, 2020
“This animation blurs our borders between reality, theatrical performances and cinema through outstanding, beautiful images and harmonious sounds. An adaptation of the fairytale ‘The Wolf and the Seven Young Goats’, it is full of suspense.”
- Winner of: ‘Best Animation’ – The Iranian Alliance of Motion Pictures, Iran, 2018.
- Winner of: ‘Silver Prize’ – 9th Tehran International Animation Festival, Iran, 2018.
- Winner of: ‘Golden Kuker Award’ in ‘Films for Kids’ section – 10th Goldern Kuker, Sofia International Animation Film Festival, Bulgaria, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Child Dreams Prize’ – 7th Insomnia International Animation Film Festival, Russia, 2019.
- Winner of : ‘Grand Prix’ – 12th Paris International Animation Festival, France, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘New Face Award’ for ‘Best Animation’ – 22nd Japan Media Arts Festival, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Best Animation Award’ – 6th Tripoli Film Festival, Lebanon, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Grand Prize’ – Light of Asia – Seoul Indie-AniFest, South Korea, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Golden Dove Award’ for Best Short Animation Film – 62nd Dok Leipzig Film Festival, Germany, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Special Mention Award’ – 21st Digicon6 ASIA Awards, Hong Kong, 2019.
- Winner of: ‘Special Mention Award’ – 20th Monstra, Lisbon Animation Festival, 2020.
- Winner of: ‘Best Film Award’ – 8th Canlandıranlar Film Festival, Turkey, 2020.
- Winner of: ‘Hiroshima Grand Prize’ – 18th Hiroshima International Animation Festival, Japan, 2020.