I am here!
By Abbas Amini
Original title – Man inja hastam!
International title – I AM HERE!
At the height of the demonstrations during the Abadan shipyard workers’ strike, Amir’s body is found in a canal in circumstances that leave much open to doubt.
Ebrahim, Amir’s brother must now not only look after his ageing mother, but also Salva, his brother’s young and beautiful widow, for whom he has unexpressed feelings.
The employer’s lawyer offers the family cash if they agree not to sue the shipyard, but Ebrahim’s mother and the striking workers are against any deal.
Ebrahim, not wanting to be trapped between the two contending parties, cannot decide, but Salva has other ideas.
Director – Abbas Amini
Screenplay – Abbas Amini & Hossein Farrokhzadeh
Director of Photography – Mohammad Hadadi
Editing – Sepideh Abdolvahab
Original Music – Mehran Ghaedi
Sound Designer – Mehrshad Malakouti
Sound Recordist – Hassan Shabankareh
Set & Costume Designer – Ali Heydari
Producer – Abbas Amini
Investor – Ali Tolouei
Best Screenplay Award
16th Transsaharien International Film Festival, Zagora, Morocco, 2022
I AM HERE! │ Film Review
Universal Cinema – By ALI MOOSAVI
- 23rd Shanghai International Film Festival, China. July 25-August 02, 2020. Golden Goblet Award ‘Official Selection’.
- 19th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF), Bangladesh. January 16-24, 2021. ‘Spiritual Films’ section.
- 7th Zurich Iranian Film Festival, Switzerland. May 26-June 06, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 14th Iranian Film Festival San Francisco, USA. September 18-19, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- Festival Nouvelles Images Persanes, Vitré, France. November 10-14, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 16ème Festival International du Film transsaharien de Zagora, Morocco. November 11-15, 2022. ‘Competitive’ section.