By Ebrahim Irajzad
Original title – Tabestan-e dagh
International title – Searing Summer
Nasrin wants to divorce her husband, but knows she won’t be able to get custody of her six-year-old daughter if she does. So, unbeknown to her husband, she and her daughter move to another part of town where Nasrin finds a job at a hospital crèche. One day her husband catches up with her and their lives take an unexpected turn.
Director – Ebrahim Irajzad
Screenplay – Payam karami
Director of Photography – Hooman Behmanesh
Editing – Sohrab Khosravi
Original Music – Hamed Sabet
Sound Designer – Amir-Hossein Ghassemi
Sound Recordists – Dariush Sadeghpour & Mahmoud Kashani
Set Designer – Keyvan Moghadam
Costume Designer – Nazanin Khazaei
Make-Up Artist – Iman Omidvari
Visual Effects – Javad Matoori
Production Manager – Kamran Hejazi
Executive Producer – Hooman Behmanesh
Producer – Javad Norouzbeigi
Production Company – Ghabe Aseman Institute
Awards & Festivals
- Winner of: ‘Best Performance by an Actress’ ex-aequo to ‘Parinaz Izadyar and Mina Sadati’ – 16th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF), Bangladesh, January 2018.
- Winner of: ‘Best Supporting Actress Award – Mina Sadati’ – 8th Beijing International Film Festival, China, April 2018.
- Winner of: ‘Special Mention Award’ – 4th Zurich Iranian Film Festival, Switzerland, 2018.
- Winner of: ‘Sepanta Award’ for the ‘Best Screenplay’ – 11th Iranian Film Festival, San Francisco, USA, 2018.
- 28th Stockholm International Film Festival, Sweden. November 8-19, 2017. ‘Stockholm Impact Competitive’ section.
- 16th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF), Bangladesh. January 12-20, 2018. ‘Asian Competitive’ section.
- 8th Beijing International Film Festival, China. April 15-22, 2018. ‘Competitive’ section – Tiantan Award.
- 5th Köln Iranian Film Festival, Germany. May 17-21, 2018. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 4th Zurich Iranian Film Festival (IFFZ), Switzerland. May 24-30, 2018. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 11th Iranian Film Festival, San Francisco, USA. September 22-23, 2018. ‘Competitive’ section.