WHAT’S THE TIME IN YOUR WORLD?
By Safi Yazdanian
Original title – Dar donyaye to sa’at chand ast?
International title – What’s the Time in Your Wolrd?
French title – Quelle heure est-il dans ton monde?
On a sudden whim Goli decides to return to Iran after 20 years of living in France. She lands in Rasht, her home town, located in the north of the country.
Farhad, a frame maker by trade, comes to welcome her. He seems to know her well, but the young woman has absolutely no recollection of him…
Written & Directed by – Safi Yazdanian
Director of Photography – Homayoun Payvar
Editing – Fardin Saheb-Zamani
Original Music – Christophe Rezai
Sound Designer – Amir-Hossein Ghassemi
Sound Recordist – Jahangir Mirshekari
Production Designer – Iraj Raminfar
Make-Up Artist – Afrouz Boujaria
Stills Photographer – Saba Siahpoush
Production Manager – Peyman Jafari
Executive Producer – Amir Hossein Ahadzadeh
Producer – Ali Mosaffa
Production Company – Road Film
Awards & Festivals
- Winner of : ‘FIPRESCI’s Award’ – 19th Busan International Film Festival, South Korea.
‘The jury appreciated the well structured, intense narrative, and the complexity of the story. We discovered more than just simple storytelling but also the creative use of formalistic devices and arrangement of time and space.
We all agreed that there appeared many love stories in film history but it was great to see this unusual variation presented by remarkable performances’.
- Winner of: ‘GOLD FIFOG – Best Film’ -10th International Oriental Film Festival of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Winner of: ‘Audience Award’ – 5th Iranian Film Festival, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, Australia.
- 19th Busan International Film Festival, South Korea. October 02-11, 2014. Competitive ‘New Currents’ section.
- 16th Mumbai International Film Festival, India. October 14-21, 2014.
- 38th São Paulo Inetrnational Film Festival, Brazil. October 16-29, 2014, Competitive section ‘New Filmmakers’.
- 19th Kerala International Film Festival, India. December 12-19, 2014. ‘World Cinema’ section.
- Freer Gallery of Art in Washington DC, USA. Screening dates: January 23 & 24, 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- Boston Festival of Film From Iran, Museum of Fine Arts Boston, USA. Screening dates: January 24 & 25, 2015.
- Rice Cinema, Department of Visual and Dramatic Arts, Rice University, Houston, USA. February 07, 2015.
- Kerala International Film Festival in Nilambur, North Kerala, India. February 20-24, 2015.
- 25th Festival of Films from Iran, Chicago (Gene Siskel Film Center), USA. Screening dates: February 27 & March 01, 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- Kerala International Film Festival in Kottayam, Central Kerala, India. March 08-12, 2015.
- Phi Films-Cinémathèque de Montréal, CANADA. March 09, 2015.
- 20th Vilnius International Film Festival, Lithuania. March 19-April 02, 2015. ‘Discoveries’ section.
- 10th International Oriental Film Festival of Geneva, Switzerland. March 20-29, 2015. ‘Competitive’ section’.
- Iranian Film Series, UCLA Film & Television Archive, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Screening date: May 06, 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- First Iranian Film Festival, Zürich, Switzerland. May 28-June 03, 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- 2nd Iranian Film Festival Cologne, Germany. May 29-31, 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- 3ème Festival Cinéma(s) d’Iran, Paris, France. June 19-30 2015. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- 11th Zurich Film Festival, Switzerland. September 24-October 04, 2015. ‘New World View’ section.
- 5th Iranian Film Festival, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, Australia. October 09-November 02, 2015.
- 6th London Iranian Film Festival, UK. October 30-November 07, 2015.
- CineIran Festival of Toronto, Canada. November 27-29, 2015.
- 5th Iranian Film Festival, Prague, Czech Republic.
Prague: January 13-17, 2016 │Brno: January 19-20, 2016 │Bratislava: January 28-30, 2016. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 21st Rabat International Author Film Festival, Morocco. January 29-February 05, 2016. ‘Competitive’ section.
- Kino Achteinhalb, Saarbrücken, Germany. April 1st, 2017.
- Filmpodium (Arthouse Cinema), attached to the Mayor of Zurich’s Office of Cultural Affairs.
Screening of series of movies about the relationships between Asia and Europe.
Screening dates: Between 1 April and 15 May, 2017.
- 15th Eurasia International Film Festival, Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan. June 30-July 06, 2019. ‘FIPRECSI choice’ section.
- Cinema ZED, Leuven, Belgium. January 2022. Learn more
- Cannes Cinéma, zoom sur le Cinema Iranien, Cannes, France. October 27, 2022.