By Ida Panahandeh
Original title – TiTi
International title – TiTi
A physicist is about to prove a theory regarding the end of the world. He meets a surrogate mother who wants to help humanity and set up her own household.
A hospitalized, critically ill physicist, working on a theory about black holes and the end of the world, meets a rather eccentric hospital housekeeper named TiTi. Though single, TiTi is acting as a surrogate mother for an infertile couple in order to serve humanity and raise money to build a small place of her own. When the physicist falls into a deep coma, TiTi, raised by Iranian gypsies and possessing supernatural powers, performs a strange ritual to save him. This is the start of an odyssey; an odyssey that changes their lives forever.
Director – Ida Panahandeh
Screenplay – Arsalan Amiri & Ida Panahandeh
Director of Photography – Farshad Mohammadi
Editing – Emad Khodabakhsh & Arsalan Amiri
Original Music – Alireza Afkari
Sound Designer – Bahman Ardalan
Sound Recordist – Vahid Moghadassi
Set & Costume Designer – Amir Esbati
Make-Up Artist – Abbas Abbasi
Producers – Ida Panahandeh & Arsalan Amiri
Production Company – Evar Film Studio
Awards & Festivals
- Winner of: 1) ‘Best Screenplay’ – ‘Ida Panahandeh & Arsalan Amiri’ – 10th Iranian Film Festival, Australia, 2021.
- Winner of: 2) ‘Audience Award’ – 10th Iranian Film Festival, Australia, 2021.
- Winner of: ‘Audience Award’ – Festival Nouvelles Images Persanes, Vitré, France, 2021.
- Winner of: 1) ‘Best Actress Award’ – ‘Elnaz Shakerdoost’
- Winner of: 2) ‘Film Critics Jury Special Mention’ – 26th Festival International du Cinéma d’Auteur de Rabat, Maroc, 2022.
- 33rd Tokyo International Film Festival, Japan. October 31-November 09, 2020. ‘Tokyo Premiere 2020’ section.
- 40th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, USA. May 13-23, 2021. ‘Official Selection’.
- 10th Iranian Film Festival, Australia. Physical event from May 20-June 16, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
Perth: Luna Cinemas Leederville, May 20-26
Brisbane: Elizabeth Picture Theatre, May 27-June 02
Melbourne: Cinemas Nova, June 03-09
Sydney: Dendy Newtown, June 10-16
- 26th Aichi International Women’s Film Festival, Aichi, Japan. September 02-05, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 12th Tripoli International Film Festival, Lebanon. October 05-12, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- Festival Nouvelles Images Persanes, Vitré, France. November 10-14, 2021. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 8th Duhok international film festival, Kurdistan region, Iraq. November 11-18, 2021. ‘World Vision’ section.
- 26th Festival International du Cinéma d’Auteur de Rabat, Maroc. February 13-17, 2022. ‘Competitive’ section.
- 8th Zurich International Iranian Film Festival, Switzerland. May 26-June 1st, 2022. ‘Competitive’ section.
- Edinburgh Iranian Film Festival, Scotland, UK. April 15-18, 2022. Venue: Filmhouse Cinema, ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- UCLA Celebration of Iranian Cinema, Billy Wilder Theater, Los Angeles, USA. April 29-May 08, 2022. ‘Non-Competitive Festival’.
- Cannes Cinéma, zoom sur le Cinema Iranien, Cannes, France. October 27, 2022.